After all the research that I have done have found out that the MLS is not in very good shape. I thought the MLS would be some money even though they didn't have a very strong fan base. It turned out that they have lost over 350 million dollars since 1996, that is a lot of money.
Also it was weird to find out that American icons support European soccer teams but do not support a MLS team. This means they will fly for hours just to seem the team that they like play soccer. Yes, this would be fun, but the European soccer industry is very strong unlike the MLS who may have to stop in a few years because of all the money that has been lost. If some of those icons were to come to some of the soccer games I believe it would make a lot more people want to come and watch some games.
To conclude this I would like to say what the MLS could be a lot bigger if they brought more European soccer stars over like David Beckham. When Beckham made his debut almost 45,000 fans attended the game. This is more people then were at the MLS championship game where there were 22,427 people. This means if there were more stars there would be even more people coming to the games. This is what I believe will help the MLS the most.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment